Saturday, October 17, 2009

Where has the last month gone?

Schoolwork ate up my time...and evidently so did my break from schoolwork. This week was October Break...and I guess it kept me busy! I've been working on my quilt for Young Women's, keeping Reed and Abram entertained, reading, and NOT doing schoolwork because I didn't have any (a rare occasion). I did, however, have to take the PSAT (Preliminary SAT) this morning-and I'm still recovering. I worried for a long while before the test, but I ultimately made it through, and I'm feeling pretty confident about it. I want my scores now, but I have to wait till December.

Last week was Homecoming- Spirit Week, Bonfire, Assembly, Parade, Carnival, Game, and Dance-in that order. I participated in all but one of them-bet you can guess which one. Spirit Week was great- I paraded around school as a pirate on Tuesday(argh!), a cavewoman on Wednesday (ugh!), a lion on Thursday (rawr!), and a linebacker on Friday (unintentionally of course-my Mesa High jersey plus my broad shoulders equals linebacker). Thursday night was the enormous bonfire. Friday was the Assembly (awesome) and early release (awesomer) that made all of our classes 20 minutes long each (awesomest). The parade was right after school, and the carnival followed the parade. The game was great-needless to say we beat Desert Vista! I really wanted to go to the dance on Saturday, but I never got asked and I didn't really want to go alone. So I got to hang out with Nan. We went to Chili's and laughed at our bald waiter whose name was either Steve or Phil. Then we rented movies and took them back to Nan's.

I was really hoping for a last-minute date to Homecoming but, it never happened. Oh well, it's long over now. At least I have Winter Formal to look forward to-December 12...and that's girl-ask-guy. Just two more months and it will be: Winter Formal, My 17th Birthday, Christmas, Halfway Through the School Year, the New Year, Results from the PSAT...I could go on forever.
I'm excited for it all...even the schoolwork.

Oops...I kind of went crazy with the ellipses...My English teacher would be proud of me.

1 comment:

  1. I promise in the grand scheme of things, or at least 2 years out of high school, you won't even remember about school dances. I only remember 2 of them because I was there, and even then the details are super fuzzy. But then again dances were never my thing anyway.

    p.s. It was great seeing you today!

    ReplyDelete