Thursday, July 2, 2009

Blessed

I honestly feel so blessed right now...in several areas of my life. And I do know from Whom it all comes.

1. A Source of Income
I don't have a job (yet). I did however run into an opportunity to earn some money last week. A neighbor asked me to take care of her pets while she was away for a week. It was kind of hard work but I earned enough to "hold me over for a while" as my mom put it. I won't say the exact amount, but this is the most I've ever paid in tithing.

2. A Chance to Visit My Grandpa
It's Fourth of July weekend and we're going up to visit my grandpa in Thatcher. They always have a huge Fourth celebration in their small town, everything begining at 6 am. So we thought it would be a good idea to visit my grandpa for a few days and enjoy the festivities on Saturday. I love my grandpa so much and am really excited to see him.

3. A Date
Yes, I am so glad for it. It's been so long since my first date, I was worried I would never have a second. A very nice young man from my Spanish class called me up today. I was so excited. We've tried several times before now to set up a date, but every time one of us has been busy. A date (especially with him) will be an incredible boost to my self esteem.

4. A Way to Go on the Date and to My Grandpa's
The date previously mentioned almost couldn't happen. The plan was to leave for my grandpa's house around 6:00 pm tomorrow (Friday). The date was scheduled for 6:30 pm tomorrow. My parents can't wait for me to be done with my date, and my date couldn't change the time. I was worried I would have to choose, when I really wanted both. But my loving Heavenly Father has blessed me with a chance to have both (even though I don't deserve to get everything I want). My older sister and her family aren't leaving for my grandpa's house until early (2 am) Saturday morning, and they are willing to let me ride with them. They were having trouble deciding when they would leave, and because of other circumstances they chose the time that works out for me.

I do believe thanks are in order.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Millie. Give Grandpa a hug from me. I will be in Philadelphia where it all started.
    REJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like true determination on both fronts if scheduling conflicts didn't ruin the chance of a date with this boy. I've seen boys run for less. Hope it turns out to be a really fun time.

    Are you still into making bracelets? I found a box of beads, floss, and hemp if you are interested in any of it.

    Lydia

    P.S. Give DOR a hug for me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I still do that kind of thing. I would love to have them. Thanks for the confidence. Jaron Ellingson is really a great guy. His dad was in my mom's ward in Tempe when Grandpa was the Bishop. His dad was glad to meet me one time and was "very impressed that I made that connection" according to Jaron. So I already have a plus there.

    ReplyDelete