Monday, June 1, 2009

Girls' Camp Last Week

Girls' Camp last week was fantastic, a little hard, but always great. Those of you that know, know. I learned so much this year, interesting because being a ycl (youth camp leader) I was one to the ones teaching! I think this year I learned a little bit about what the leaders (always fantastic, always caring) go through. Trying to herd and help thirty silly teenage girls for four days has got to be a challenge! Not to mention that sometimes those girls don't have the best attitude about things, due to unpleasant wilderness conditions and lack of sleep. You really have to give the leaders credit for all of that! My only complaint was that i had to do quite a bit of "tent hopping" to accomodate the other girls' wants, so i never really had a "home tent". That and my feet were cold at night. But all that is to be expected and overlooked. Otherwise, I had a great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment