Friday, June 19, 2009

I Got Color!

Now that I have Jason's mess all sorted out, I can tell yall what I got on here to tell you. I've been working on painting my room with my mom. A few months ago I decided that the dark purple covering my walls was just a little too dark and decided I wanted to paint. Later when we were at the Target, we found a bed set that was really cool. The comforter is white with lime green, chocolate brown, and about three shades of teal, giant circles. I love it. So i'm in the process of painting the walls- the top part light teal and the bottom darker teal with a brown stripe between them. I love it. The colors are incredible. It is certainly much more soothing than bright purple. It was rather interesting- I got a paper that talks about colors and the meanings and feelings connected with them in my English class last semester. Dark Purple can sometimes cause depression and frustration. Aqua/Teal is a soothing color associated with physical and emotional healing. (who doesn't need some of that sometimes?) Green is the color of growth and prosperity, overall a positive color. Brown denotes a masculine influence. It's all rather interesting that those are the colors I chose and, in a way they are the things I want/need. And its kind of interesting that I was more likely to get frustrated doing homework in my purple room than I was doing it in any other part of the house. It's just fascinating to me that color can mean so much more than you think.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds awesome!!! I can't wait to see it when it is done. Hope you are having a great weekend!

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lydia! Glad you found my blog. I was worried the only readers would be my friend Jason and my mom. Good to hear from you!

    Amelia

    ReplyDelete